After 2 months of using the Jibun Techo planner, I was trying to figure out how it could keep me on track with housework. I tried stickies and a number of other solutions before I realized that’s what this section could do.
How it works:
In the Diary, there are several pages dedicated to the months of the year, but not in typical calendar format. Above is a marked-up photo example of how the months of May and June appear. What’s great about this section is that listed across the top line are all the days of the week labeled by number and day. Down the left column is room for you to write up to 24 line items that you want to track.
You can choose any way you’d like to mark a task as finished, 3 of which I show in the photo above.
- Example 1: Using all 24 rows will require a small x (or colored square if you prefer.) You can break this down by AM and PM if you wish, since each day with this method gives you 2 tiny boxes to check.
- Example 2: Using every other row, you can track 1-12 items. Each day will give you a 2×2 square. You can draw a nice-sized X to cover all four squares if you’d like. This is also helpful for people who find writing small letters a bit difficult.
- Example 3: Also for tracking only 1-12 items, to make your pages more bright or interesting try coloring each 2×2 square section instead of marking them with an X.
Along the right side of the page is another smaller column for notations. If you wanted to, when using all 24 rows, you could make it look tidier by labeling the first line item in the left column and the 2nd on the right, and alternate thereafter. Also, nothing prevents you from using check marks, circles, smiley faces or drawing colored lines through the boxes. I liked tracking items this way so much that I created a weekly tracker in the blank pages of the Idea book for things that wouldn’t fit in this section.
I chose household chores, but you could keep track of anything. For some ideas:
- Healthy eating.
- Dining out.
- When your kids clean their rooms.
- Taking medications.
- Days you completed a specific goal.
Let me know if you’ve also used this section, or if you know of other ways that made this tracker useful. I’d love to hear from you.